9.1.10

Quick hits...



Congratulations are due for Sarah, who now officially holds the Women's IGFA 8kg Line Class World Record for Roosterfish. Ever since she saw Running Down the Man 2 years ago, Sarah has been dying to catch one of these spectacular fish. And she did it in style last August on her honeymoon.
I'm so proud of you!!

************************************

Since the guiding season is at its slowest point, Curtis is able to spend some time playing on the computer, and has made these 2 clips (with limited footage) of two of our favourite rivers. Enjoy.







*************************

And thank you to everyone who responded to my previous blog post. Several blogger friends confessed to me privately that I am not alone in my apathy. Re-examining my post I see that I do appear to take it too seriously (a habit I exercise elsewhere in my life) and my intention was not to write a depressing post but rather one to help clarify my feelings, if for only my own sake. After all, its just fishing! A dear friend, Joel, who introduced me to blogging on the now defunct website "Fish Frontiers" sent me this message, which is how I intend to proceed with this site.

"A blog is nothing more than the word bubbles in your head, except released onto a web page. It's supposed to be fun, not a chore. It's an O-U-T-L-E-T. Don't worry about writing what you should write, or what Moldychum, Trout Underground or April Vokey are doing. Release whatever (you're) thinking/feeling/loving/hating/wanting."

****************

And finally Happy New Year everyone. Thank you for sharing a small slice of my life with me, and may you be happy and healthy in 2010.

Now go fishing.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheers!